Davao City, which is quite remote from Misamis Oriental, offers some spectacular sites for holidaymakers and travelers like our visit. One of these sites where we love to sojourn is Eleaga Camping Resort. Perhaps, this resort site fascinates us because of some activities to make merry. As well, this nature-like and can’t-miss resort is at Camp Eleaga, Lake Macaduhong, Malabog, Davao City. We can have day tours or overnight stays if we want. Eleaga Camping Resort has tree-houses and close cottages if we want privacy. If we bring food and beverages, the resort does not charge any corkage fees. Of course, that makes sense at all.
Eleaga Camping Resort provides some amenities fishing areas, life jackets for rafting, affordable food services, and videoke machines for sing-a-long moments. It charms its guests and visitors various activities, such as fishing carps and other freshwater fish, diving into the pool, and bamboo rafting. While doing these activities, our loved ones and friends can prepare food there and cook some tribal-style gastronomies or homegrown cuisines.
Well, we’re talking about the rates.
- Day Tour Charge – ₱30.00
- Overnight- ₱80.00
- Use of the Treehouses – ₱500.00 For Overnight
- Use of the Close Cottages ₱300.00 for Day Tour
- No Corkage
How about amenities?
- Eleaga Camping Resort offers videoke services. Since there is no curfew of videoke, we need to minimize the sounds from 9 PM onwards. If some tourists come and spend overnight, they have to stop singing until 9 PM and pay respect to others. If many choose to stay overnight, we have to end the videoke sessions at 9 PM to let others take rest.
- As well, we can go fishing if want to grill some fish. We just need to bring with us our fishing gear if we wish to catch some fish. Once we get some fish, we kilo it. We have to pay ₱100.00 a kilo for freshwater fish. If we go rafting, we have to use a life jacket worth ₱100.00 an hour.
- Additionally, Eleaga Camping Resort provides us with a reasonably priced and sumptuous food on the table. However, if we are not in the mood to cook, we ask the resort to cook for us. We just need to pay for the cooking service fees.
- Moreover, we can buy something to take home. Perhaps, we can select several memento items to bring at home. If we want pure wild honey, the key chains, and many others, we can have any of them.
How do we get there?
If we reach Davao City, we take an L3 van or any Public Utility Vehicle (PUV) or Jeepney to Calinan. Then, we need to ask the driver to drop us off at Gaisano Grand Mall.
From Gaisano Grand Mall, we need to look for a single motorcycle good for 2-3 persons to save money. We have to tell the motorcycle drivers that we need to go to the place Camp Eleaga so we can witness the grandeur of Malabog Lake. Well, we just have to ask the driver regarding the fare for a one-way drive. The last time when we checked the one-way ride was ₱300.00 for one motorcycle. If we include the back fare, we have to pay another ₱300.00. Of course, this situation is an adventure, we do expect of the bumpy ride due to the rock-strewn road. However, it will be even nicer for us if we ride on a four-wheel-drive vehicle like SUV or any vehicles to get there.
What’s more, some local tourists highly commend Eleaga Camping Resort for Team Buildings, Family Occasions, and other activities. For us, we consider it just fine. The flowing water from the lake is clean. The management of the resort guarantees that the pool is clean. In other words, the management cleans the pool every day. Oh, before we forget, we highly appreciate the friendly and accommodating customer services, too. If we ask the signal there, Globe gives us the Fourth-Generation (4G) Signal. We can contact the management through this mobile phone dial at 09128889387. Oh, did you ask if the place is safe? Well, what we know is that Police Officers do station around 300 meters to secure the area. Therefore, we are safe.
P.S. Fees may vary.